László Mednyánszky: Iron Gate on the Danube (1890-95)

Video

Baron László Mednyánszky

Wikimedia Commons contributors, “File:At the Iron Gate.jpg,” Wikimedia Commons, the free media repository, https://commons.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?title=File:At_the_Iron_Gate.jpg&oldid=272404620 (accessed January 3, 2019).

Thanks for Visiting! 🙂

~Sunnyside

16 Comments Add yours

1. simplywendi says:

ahhh……….to be on the water inside this picture would be amazing…….(unless you couldn’t get out 🙂 )

Liked by 2 people

1. Right! 😎 I wonder what it looks like at that spot today? Undoubtedly still beautiful – maybe someone who has seen it will chime in someday…❤️

1. simplywendi says:

that would be awesome to read! 🙂 bless you my friend.

2. Blessings back to you, friend! Thanks! ❤️🙏

3. simplywendi says:

thank you so very much! 🙂

1. It makes me happy, too. Thanks for visiting, Nico! 😎

2. The Eclectic Contrarian says:

So, I’ve launched upon my own artistic path… I’m tinkering with oil pastels. And I hope to be able to come close to something like this. One would think that landscapes are easy lol…

Liked by 1 person

1. 👍👍😎 That is wonderful news, EC!! Oil pastels can give such splendid results – are you jumping in on your own or joining a class? (if I may be so bold to ask?) Please give updates on your journey, and remember to be fearless. (That is my own self-talk as I contemplate ordering my very own artist quality sketch book and new Prismacolors that no child may touch)😎

1. The Eclectic Contrarian says:

There are classes for oil painting but they’re in the middle of the day. Watercolor classes in the evening but $80 a class…. I’m self taught for right now.

Fearless.. lol!! I almost talked myself out of the whole thought as I approached the register. I can’t draw well at all but am hoping my creativity will make up for it.

As you embark upon your own artistic journey, tell me about what you learn and I’ll do likewise!

My first masterpiece is the image for my Priorities post. Which went fairly well with my quote. Glad I got a picture when I did because I tried to do more to it and messed it up…..

Liked by 1 person

2. You did a GREAT JOB!!! I really love how you made such a bold statement with 2 colors, yet managed to give the effect of many layers. And the image is perfect for illustrating your Priorities post – also bold! 👍

I have been saving links for all kinds of free art adventures, and I stocked a huge home library over the past 25 years, so I will be learning on my own also – at least for now. And since I wrote it in real words, I have to follow through. Tis the time. 😎

3. The Eclectic Contrarian says:

Thank you! It’s a start. It’s just a confidence game right now. I started off well, but always thinking I can do something better cost me..

I’m looking forward to seeing your work! You’ve studied art far longer than I have. I see this as having multiple approaches to entering even on a beginner level.

Liked by 1 person

4. I have only read about art since starting this blog last Feb. – I have never been the creator of anything except six babies. Pure terror, and a few unchangeable circumstances, have immobilized me, so now my mantra is ‘No fear. No perfectionism.’ …IF only writing made it so. 😱 😊

5. The Eclectic Contrarian says:

I commend you for your 6 blessings! But still, you’ve been on the art scene longer than myself.

Liked by 1 person

6. I am not sure watching counts, but at least I have learned what I like and dislike. 😎