Seven Minutes of Magic
According to shippermd, this video is “An EXTREMELY RARE, 1976 film-short of a romantic Pas de Deux Ballet to Pachelbel’s Canon In D Major.” Produced by David Hahn and choreographed by William Carter, this film highlights the talents of dancers Cynthia Gregory and Ivan Nagy.
About ‘In A Rehearsal Room’, Director David Hahn says the following:
“Every career has a few golden moments: when the stars align and all the personalities and talents mesh to bring out the best in everyone.
In A Rehearsal Room was such a time for me.
For a young filmmaker to just walk up to two of the world’s great dancers and say, “I have an idea for a film, do you want to do it?” And, they say, “Sure.”
Find a choreographer who took adjectives and turned them into steps and turns and lifts. A cameraman who didn’t put the camera on the floor (to make the dancers look like they are jumping higher) and understood my vision to film the dance like it was a conversation. On top of that, he got why I wanted the light to be “cold” instead of “warm” and actually lit on “dancer time,” not on “gaffer time.”
A dolly grip who was a poet of motion.
And an editor with whom I might as well have shared the same brain.
We all seemed to know it was a special time. I was sorely disappointed to find out later that this didn’t happen on all productions. How incredibly lucky I was to experience it.”David Hahn at American Arts Trust
- Dancers: Cynthia Gregory and Ivan Nagy.
- Producer: David Hahn
- Choreographed by William Carter
- Song: Canon & Gigue in D Major
- Artist: Jean-François Paillard
- Album: The Wedding Album (Si Quiero)
- Licensed to YouTube byWMG (on behalf of Erato Disques); Sony ATV Publishing, SODRAC, Public Domain Compositions, and 14 Music Rights Societies
- The Star, by Edgar Degas. (1878), [Public Domain] source: www.Edgar-Degas.net
Thanks for Visiting! 🙂